MULTIFAMILY REAL ESTATE ANALYST POSITION (“EXCEL SUPERSTAR”)
An accomplished real estate broker located in downtown San Francisco who has completed over $300 M in real estate transactions is currently seeking a part time Real Estate Analyst who is an “Excel Superstar” to help establish and be a part of a Real Estate Fund. This integral team member will work with a small 3 person start up team of a Principal, a Manager, and potentially you, the Real Estate Analyst, in the potential creation of a fund centered around MultiFamily Apartments in the Bay Area.
The company culture will be defined with the following 4 values:
- Transparency and Truth –truth seeking and data, not ego, are the ultimate winners
- Accountability – with a 3 person team, delivery of results will be paramount and fully exposed; slackers need not apply
- Ability to Question – open dialogue at all levels will be encouraged and expected
- Relationships and Commitment – respect for each other and a commitment to the team will be the winning formula
Instructions for Applying:
Please submit the following in one email through sociallyRK@gmail.com
- Part 1: Download Historical S&P 500 pricing data from 1993 to 2013 from the internet and build a chart and analysis of what major milestones caused the peaks and troughs. Analysis will be measured on presentation, insights, attention to detail, and accuracy .
- Part 2: Submit your one page resume along with a one page cover letter. Cover letter should identify and bullet point the 5 major reasons you are the best qualified individual for this position.
The analyst position has at least three main concentrations:
- The first is to understand the primary drivers associated with multifamily rental properties (apartment buildings). This includes but is not limited to identify and measure the standard and leading economic, supply and demand, and competitive drivers of rental income and property appreciation in the Bay Area.
- The second is to effectively relay this story through the production of a comprehensive marketing package. This production includes the creation of marketing materials using graphic design software, Presentation software (Powerpoint/Keynote/Prezi), and Microsoft Excel to raise capital for a potential multifamily Real Estate fund.
- The third is to understand benchmark and key performance indicators for the management of multifamily Real Estate. The management of the rental properties includes at a minimum measuring net operating income, debt service costs, cap rates, vacancy rates, and benchmarking them to industry norms.
Note: The scope of this project may increase or decrease based on market forces and timing.
- Initial focus: MultiFamily assets throughout Bay Area
- Identify key economic indicators including benchmark (identified below) and leading that determine rental revenues and property value
- S&P 500 and Treasury data
- Rental comparables
- Sales comparables
- Development pipeline
- Cash flow analysis with debt assumptions
- Internal rate of return analysis
- Present value analysis
- Value-add analysis
- Replacement cost analysis
- Identification of non traditional indicators
- Marketing Materials for Fundraising
- Data collection, management, analysis, reporting, and presentation in marketing
- Create disposition proposals and marketing materials for multifamily properties
- Utilizing market research to support the fund manager and principal’s efforts in the marketing of fund and purchase, sale, and management of multifamily assets for clients
- Fund Management
- Analysis of multifamily historical operations and creating a pro-forma
- Respond to special assignments or reporting requests by investors, clients, or agents
- The management includes at a minimum measuring net operating income, debt service costs, cap rates, vacancy rates, and benchmarking them to industry norms.
- Other administrative duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4 year college degree is preferred, but not required
- Be a power user in Excel with in-depth knowledge of modeling (SumIf, Vlookup, CAGR, CountIf, Percentage Growth, Pivot Tables function generation is mandatory; VBA is a plus
- 2+ years of related financial analysis / market research within real estate industry, hedge fund management, investment banking, or management consulting
- Strong analytical skills and abilities are essential
- Data collection and management, analysis and reporting, and presentation and marketing skills
- Proficiency in graphic design programs such as In Design preferred but not necessary
- California multifamily real estate knowledge or interest preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a demanding fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Compensation will begin at an hourly rate of $20 per hour with a potential for equity in an established fund upon successful completion of consulting engagement.
- This is a part time job with an expectation of 10-20 hours a week which may or may not convert into a full time position.